openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: All essay text turned to hashtags
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 20:27:57 GMT
Hagar Delest wrote:
> I'm fed up with this kind of discussion, so last post in
> this discussion.

This is not the right attitude, we have a bug that is very hard to
reproduce so all the information we can get is important.

> https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17677#p81363

The hashes problem happens per file, right? We even had a user who
reported in this thread that all files were displaying hashes, but I
think that the occurrences reported so far are all about a single lost
file (I had a look at the one from today and that is the impression I got).

I did a test following Rory's ideas: I have a virtual machine where I
can run OpenOffice. I opened a document that takes long to load/save,
modified it slighty, gave the "Save" command and, when that was still in
progress, I "destroyed" (equivalent of a forced poweroff, i.e., pulling
power cord) the machine. Upon reboot, I restarted OpenOffice, I was
presented with a recovery screen, recovery was successful, my changes
had been lost but the original document was recovered. So I wasn't able
to reproduce the problem even with this simulation.

Regards,
   Andrea.