openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: All essay text turned to hashtags
Date Sat, 04 Jan 2014 20:53:08 GMT
Sadly, quite nothing to do, see: https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17677
where you'll see that I've recorded more than 150 occurrences of this problem.
and interest has been slightly raised (new comments in the bug report) but this is a difficult
problem that can't be reproduced, hence very difficult to spot. Nevertheless, even in case
of bug, the save process could be improved IMHO.
Any power shortage?

Check the temporary folder of the system (see in OOo Tools>Options>OOo>Paths). If
there are folders like sgmlf.tmp with a file having the same name inside, make a copy of that
file, rename it to .odt and cross your fingers. If you have not rebooted, you might have those
files still there.

As a courtesy I have sent a copy of this reply to you as well as to the mailing list. Do Not
reply to me personally but just to the list at  <users@openoffice.apache.org> - replies
to my personal email address will be ignored.

Since you are not subscribed to this list you may not see all the replies to your query.
To subscribe Apache OpenOffice mailing lists go to
NB: this is more a message for the users mailing list than for the devs.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/

Regards,
Hagar

Le 04/01/2014 14:04, natalie guttridge a écrit :

> Please help
> My daughter has written a 2000 word essay. She saved it and then when she opened it again
the whole text has turned into hashtags...can anything be done?