openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: All essay text turned to hashtags
Date Sun, 05 Jan 2014 19:15:02 GMT
I've clipped the previous messages as this posting doesn't depend on them.
Rob suggests the following queries be put to Hashtag/file loss posters. I've added some choices
to the file save destinations.  Are there other questions that should be asked? Once we reach
agreement on the questions I'm sure the Forum will use this questionaire to gather information
on hashtag/file loss cases.

1) What AOO version is in use?
2) What OS version?
3) What file type (extension) was being saved?
4) Where was the file being saved?  Local Drive? USB stick?  Network drive? External drive?
5) Is autosaved enabled?
6) When you returned to your computer was it in the same state?  For
 example, had you lost power?  Did the OS force a reboot?  Did your
 laptop hibernate?

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>