openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0.1
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 18:31:34 GMT
2013/12/19 Stöver, Hans-Werner <Hans.Stoever@kark.de>

> Hi,
>
> Openoffice was a very good and easy to use program.
> With the last versions it got more and more useless.
> I was using OpenOffice from the beginning in Hamburg for about more than
> 14 years now.
> But yet I deleted this for me useless program and I bought Microsoft
> Office.
> Microsoft is expensive, but Microsoft looks what the people need
> and not what  the coder likes and puts inside.
> Who made the decision to change the "save", "save to" and the "Open"
> dialog?
> Why must I click so many times to find my desktop for saving documents?
> Why is the direct link in the saving dialog to "desktop", "network" and
> "my documents" gone?
>
> It is just the same as Adobe it does with the Adobe reader.
> In former times it was a very good and useful program.
> Now it is big and slow and for presenting and reading PDFs it is useless.
> The same happened to OpenOffice.
> From a nice and good program you made a pack of shit.
> So keep it and I will use Microsoft Office in future.
>
> In Germany we call this "Kundenverarschung"
>
> Only my minor opinion.

Different people, different opinions. To me Microsoft Office is useless.
Seems to be very hard to install on other operating systems than Windows
(which I don't have) and there were a few things that I failed to do in
Word that I could do easily in OpenOffice.org Writer (this was in the Sun
era).
And LibreOffice is also useless to me since it destroys my spreadsheets, at
least one of them. Fortunately Apache OpenOffice fixed it for me, and after
fixing it, it worked well in both LibreOffice and Apache OpenOffice…
And Gnumeric is another useless program to me. It doesn't have any
features. It doesn't usually take very long before i need to do something
that Gnumeric can't do. And without macros… are you kidding?

If Microsoft Office works well for you, use it. Apache OpenOffice works
well for me (or at least better than anything else so far), so I keep using
it until I find something better. Simple as that. I don't write to
Microsoft's Office users mailing lists (if there are any) and tell them
their program sucks.

Johnny Rosenberg