openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Linda Hull <chalcedony6...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't open OpenOffice
Date Sat, 28 Dec 2013 12:35:44 GMT
Due to an unexpected error, OpenOffice.org crashed. All the files you wre
working on will now be saved. The next time OpenOffice.org is launched,
your files will be recovered automatically.

The following files will be recovered:
(lists files)

I click 'OK' but nothing happens.
___

I am trying to open OpenOffice in Debian Squeeze.

I initialize it either with $ soffice -writer, Applications Office
OpenOffice.org or OpenOffice.org writer, and get the Open Office.org 3.2
Document Recovery window, however it says:

"Press 'start recovery' to start the recovery process of the documents
listed below. The 'status' column shows whether the document could be
recovered.
Recovering documents:

Lists files..

I click [Start Recovery]

I get the error again, and again, and again. It is not recovering my files,
and I need them. Help! please?

Linda