openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Myrna Sachse <msac...@centurylink.net>
Subject Re: Cannot use my new OpenOffice
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 20:23:31 GMT
I can't even find the Open Office icon I downloaded 2 days ago.  I too am using imac.  I have
never had any problems before and have used this application for years.  Not this version,
of course.

Myrna Sachse
On Dec 20, 2013, at 10:10 AM, Larry Gusaas wrote:

> More details please. Do you mean you can't open Apache OpenOffice? (in Application folder
in Finder)

> On 2013-12-20, 8:42 AM Peter Jacobs wrote:
>> Help! Please!
>>
>> I was looking forward to using OpenOffice as a replacement for Office for Mac. However,
after I installed it, I could not find anything at the top of my screen, whereby I could set
Preferences, etc. I also tried the users forum, but could not enter it (yes, I did register).

>> I am frustrated and seem to have no alternative but to purchase ther latest Office
for Mac. (I use an iMac, with the Lion OS X 10.7.5 operating system.)
>>  Peter Jacobs
>

> --
>
> Larry I. Gusaas
> Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
> Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
> "An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." - Edgard
Varese