openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0.1
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 18:58:32 GMT
Hi,

Stöver, Hans-Werner schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Openoffice was a very good and easy to use program.
> With the last versions it got more and more useless.
> I was using OpenOffice from the beginning in Hamburg for about more than 14 years now.
> But yet I deleted this for me useless program and I bought Microsoft Office.
> Microsoft is expensive, but Microsoft looks what the people need
> and not what  the coder likes and puts inside.

Do you remember the hot discussion about "Ribbon" or "not Ribbon"?

> Who made the decision to change the "save", "save to" and the "Open" dialog?

OpenOffice can use the dialog of the operating system or its own dialogs.
Which of the dialogs do you use? What is your operating system?

If you refer to its own dialogs, there is no change. These dialogs in
AOO4.0.1 are the same as in older versions. But you will surely have not
the same operating system than 14 years ago.

> Why must I click so many times to find my desktop for saving documents?
> Why is the direct link in the saving dialog to "desktop", "network" and "my documents"
gone?

More details are needed, see above. Then we can surely help you to
customize OpenOffice to your needs.

Kind regards
Regina