openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Hagar Delest <hagar.del...@laposte.net>
Subject Re: cannot open lock file
Date Wed, 11 Dec 2013 20:09:14 GMT
Sadly, using AOO on a stick directly is a very bad idea. If there is a crash there is nothing
to be done.
Better copy the file on the HD and once the work is done, move it back to the stick (and delete
the file of the HD afterward if necessary). If the transfer fails, you still have the file
on the HD.

NB: working with .doc is even worse in case of crash. Better stick to native ODF (.odt for
text).

The lock file is indeed a blank file that is created each time you open a file so that no
other user can overwrite it in the mean time.

Hagar