openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Julian Thomas ...@jt-mj.net>
Subject Re: Power Point 2007
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2013 04:17:20 GMT

On 9 Dec 2013, at 12:19, Mike Tong <mtong1966@gmail.com> wrote:

> Please can you confirm if Open Office version is compatible with Power
> Point 2007.
> I tried using it in July and found that it wasn't.

I've had no problems opening OO presentation files [saved in Win ppt format] with either ppt
2007 or ppt 2010.

No problems either going the other way from ppt or pptx files into OO.

There are some gotchas here.  Embedded audio files or video files need to be in a format that
works on both the originating machine and the target machine; this is a more significant problem
when going between Win and Mac; but not an issue that can be ignored otherwise.
jt