openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rima Schulkind <r...@schulkind.com>
Subject Re: PDF-to-ODT conversion
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2013 22:31:40 GMT
Thankyouthyankyouthankyou. It worked like a dream. I'm so used to my old Mac word processing
apps not allowing copy-and-paste of pdf's that I never even tried with my new one.

On Dec 2, 2013, at 5:07 PM, mt wrote:

> Back to the original topic (but thanks for the useful info about download sites!) - just
thought I'd mention that "dragging" or copying-and-pasting text from any (text) PDF and OpenOffice
works pretty well on a Mac.

> Not sure if this would apply to all platforms, but it's by far the easiest way I have
found on my Mac. I might have to reapply some formatting for complex files, but all the text
gets copied over, and most of the styles as well.