openoffice-users mailing list archives

From raphael goodrich <goodrichr...@aol.com>
Subject Re: recent problems .
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2013 09:07:28 GMT
I have exactly the same problem. The message cannot be removed and I have to force quit to
shut down the computer. Help needed please.

Raphael Goodrich

On 6 Dec 2013, at 06:15, Irma Kittelson wrote:

> I have been using Open Office on my Mac Book Pro( new in Feb 2013)  for several years
-
> ( I used it on my last MacBookPro also .).  likely 4 or 5 years  I think,  it was recommended
where I bought the computer - and I have really liked it -  it can doeverything I need a word
processor to do, and  I am always learning to do new things with it.

> Suddenly last weekend this message appeared - even though I did not remember OO quitting
..
> <Screen Shot 2013-12-03 at 1.05.07 PM.png>
>
> I tried clicking both buttons to no avail ..  so decided to  dump the OO I had installed
and re download it ..  I use Chrome so had no Safari issues when downloading .
> However now  the OO program will not quit without me Force Quitting it when I shut off
my computer, and  it also does not respond to copying <command C>  to cut and paste
etc - neither will be print from <command P> I think I did get it to print today using
the print directly  icon on the OO header. Also the icon will not stay  in the  dashboard
.. so I have to find it in the App folder every day ..

> Anyway I would love to get back to having it respond like it used to -  I have many files
saved on my computer which were created using OO, and if they are unusable I will need to
get to work retyping them -  whoa - a lot of extra work ..