openoffice-users mailing list archives

From mt ...@lockedbags.org>
Subject Re: The Search Term Text Box
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 23:28:40 GMT
Not sure I understand correctly, so please forgive me if the
following isn't going to help -

I have a feeling there might be a misunderstanding as to which
"search box" you would like to use.

If you would like to search OpenOffice's help files, then you'd
need to go to the Help menu (top right) and select "OpenOffice
Help" (second item from top). The "Search" box that comes up at
the top when opening the Help menu is a "Spotlight search"
window, and belongs to the Mac operating system - really no use
for OO, but that's Apple's responsibility... :-)

If instead you wish to search your OpenOffice document, then
you'd go to the "Edit" menu and click on Find & Replace...

I have been assuming you are using OO on a Macintosh computer.

marina