openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "johnny smith" <ka...@krovatka.su>
Subject Re: Writer, ouline numbered list
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 17:21:44 GMT
On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 10:37:07 -0000, Tom Backer Johnsen <backer@psych.uib.no> wrote:

> I am having problems with formatting an outline numbered list.  What I would like to
have is a list where the number of the item is on the same horizontal position av the text
of the level above.  About like this:

> 1	Text
> 	1.1	Text
> 		1.1.1	Text
> 2	Text
> 	2.1	Text

i followed this procedure:

1 go to format -> styles and formatting -> list styles -> right click -> new ->
position
2 select level 1
a numbering followed by tab stop at, e.g., 1cm
b numbering alignment left
c aligned at, e.g., 0cm
d indent at, e.g. 1cm
3 select level 2
a numbering followed by tab stop at, e.g., 2
b numbering alignment left
c aligned at the same as 2d, i.e. 1cm
d indent at, e.g., 2cm
4 and so on

the point is to set 'aligned at' of the i-th level to the same value as 'indent at' (and 'numbering
followed by tab stop at') of the (i-1)-th level. everything works fine.

a sample file is attached, and i hope the attachment won't be filtered out.