openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "johnny smith" <>
Subject Re: Java Troubles When Trying to Use Mail Merge
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 20:38:09 GMT
On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 00:35:43 -0000, jjb i.e. Just Jeff Butler <> wrote:

> I've used Open Office for some time now and LOVE IT!  I haven't tried using the Mail
Merge Wizard feature until today and it kept telling me that I needed Java to run it.  I had
previously removed Java from my computer because of the problems with it.  Anyway, I reinstalled
it to try and get Mail Merge to work.  Unfortunately, I still can't complete the merge.  It
can't seem to find Java.  I am using Windows 7, 64-bit.

java 7 seems to depend on visual c++ redistributable 2010, so you may need to download and
install it if it has not been installed yet.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message