openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Tom Backer Johnsen <bac...@psych.uib.no>
Subject Re: Writer, ouline numbered list
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 18:50:59 GMT
Yes, this worked, something that did not when the default distances was set to points.  When
I changed that to centimeters, everything worked fine.  Thanks!

Tom

On 18. Nov 2013, at 18:21 , johnny smith <kanni@krovatka.su> wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Nov 2013 10:37:07 -0000, Tom Backer Johnsen <backer@psych.uib.no> wrote:
>
>> I am having problems with formatting an outline numbered list.  What I would like
to have is a list where the number of the item is on the same horizontal position av the text
of the level above.  About like this:

>> 1	Text
>> 	1.1	Text
>> 		1.1.1	Text
>> 2	Text
>> 	2.1	Text
>
> i followed this procedure:
>
> 1 go to format -> styles and formatting -> list styles -> right click ->
new -> position
> 2 select level 1
> a numbering followed by tab stop at, e.g., 1cm
> b numbering alignment left
> c aligned at, e.g., 0cm
> d indent at, e.g. 1cm
> 3 select level 2
> a numbering followed by tab stop at, e.g., 2
> b numbering alignment left
> c aligned at the same as 2d, i.e. 1cm
> d indent at, e.g., 2cm
> 4 and so on
>
> the point is to set 'aligned at' of the i-th level to the same value as 'indent at' (and
'numbering followed by tab stop at') of the (i-1)-th level. everything works fine.

> a sample file is attached, and i hope the attachment won't be filtered out.<sample.odt>

Tom Backer Johnsen
S√łndre Steinkjellersmauet 7
5003 Bergen
Mobil: +47 9169 3346