openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dr Donald Zarlengo <zarle...@me.com>
Subject Re: Shall we waste twelve more years promoting Free office suites instead of...
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 03:18:37 GMT
Let us take Fioretti’s advice. Lets focus on using one good product. Let us standardize on
formats that are supported as native to the software such as Appache OpenOffice.

I have found that the OpenOffice text application does a much more dependable job than Microsoft’s
Word.

I have used and own Nisus Pro - it is a multilingual word processor - as are almost all applications
on
my MacBook Pro and previous Apple products since 1984.

I was often saving the files in rtf format, but now often use odt.

I have been using FileMaker Pro since 1984 as well. I have tried the OpenOffice system,
but it doesn’t come close to FMPro 12.

I have tried a few other applications in OpenOffice, they are OK.
But could become fantastic with our support.

Don

Donald Zarlenga Ph.D.
zarlengo@me.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521 and is intended only for the person or entity
to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution is prohibited.
all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive
communication through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

On Nov 9, 2013, at 5:45 PM, Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org> wrote:

On 11/10/2013 01:56 AM, M. Fioretti wrote:
> Twelve (TWELVE!!!) years ago I asked OpenOffice users “Are you
> advocating OO correctly”. Six years ago I said the same things in a
> different format. A couple of weeks ago, I came across a perfect proof
> that that kind of advocay IS right, but so far has been never
> practiced enough.
>
> Continues on my blog:
>
> http://stop.zona-m.net/2013/11/shall-we-waste-twelve-more-years-promoting-free-office-suites-instead-of-open-office-formats/

Prominently within that article is an advertisement (from Google add services) to download
OO from usDOTcom which we know is a fraud. :-(