openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Maurice Howe" <maur...@stny.rr.com>
Subject RE: PDF-to-ODT conversion
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 16:09:09 GMT
BEWARE !!!
The download of FreeOCR from CNET brought along a huge mess of excess
baggage.  After 3 attempts at System Restore, running Malware Bytes, Spybot,
RegCure and Stinger got rid of (what I hope is all of) 243 infections.
There may be a "clean" version out there but this exercise scared me off.

I'll try Dave's Google Drive method.  Thanks to all, but I thought this
warning was in order.  Hope it saves others a lot of grief.

Cheers,
Maurice Howe
I'm retired. Go around me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave.Mainwaring [mailto:davemainwaring@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 5:11 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: PDF-to-ODT conversion

I use Google drive for conversion.{Not the desktop version.} I copy or
upload the file directly to Google drive.
https://drive.google.com/

Then I select convert and down load, choose the type of file wanted, then
download.

{more button}
Convert and Download
Choose how you want to download each kind of file:
Change all formats to:   MS Office  -  Open Office  -  PDF