openoffice-users mailing list archives

From James Knott <>
Subject Re: Defective Installation CD
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:56:15 GMT
Actually, it was Martin that was having the problem, not me.  I always
download from the site.  One thing people need to be aware of it that
there are vendors selling the CDs for a nominal charge.  There is
nothing wrong with this and it is a useful service for some.  However
those vendors have nothing to do with this list, though some have tried
to claim we are "paid support".

Samuel Ogle wrote:
> Hi James,
> I have had that sound sequence when inserting a CD that has an unevenness in the label,
or a label that is too thick. If it looks to be a label issue, try removing the label and
any remaining stickyness, it was a lot of lost time, better to download the program from the
web site that was sent to you earlier, The program is
free and the source is the best!