openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Java Troubles When Trying to Use Mail Merge
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 05:20:00 GMT
Despite Dr. Zarlenga's odd claims, I do believe that it is possible to
run Java on Windows. I happen to use Linux, so anything that I say is of
course suspect.

A few questions for you.

1. What version of AOO are you using? 4.x? For version 3.x, you need
Java 6, for AOO 4, you can use 7.
2. What vesrion of Java. Note that I believe that AOO can only use a
32-bit version of Java, not a 64-bit version.
3. Somewhere under Tools > Options .... you can tell AOO where your Java
is installed. This must be set I believe. I cannot check the actual path
at the moment (since I don't have AOO installed on the machine I am
using now).

There are some comments here:

http://www.openoffice.org/development/releases/4.0.0.html

On 11/13/2013 07:35 PM, jjb i.e. Just Jeff Butler wrote:
> Hello!
> I've used Open Office for some time now and LOVE IT!  I haven't tried using the Mail
Merge Wizard feature until today and it kept telling me that I needed Java to run it.  I had
previously removed Java from my computer because of the problems with it.  Anyway, I reinstalled
it to try and get Mail Merge to work.  Unfortunately, I still can't complete the merge.  It
can't seem to find Java.  I am using Windows 7, 64-bit.  Thank you in advance for anything
you can do for me.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php