openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Java Troubles When Trying to Use Mail Merge
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 02:58:01 GMT
Don,

Can you please avoid answering a simple question which a user is raising
to receive help from the OpenOffice community with a useless (and
off-topic to the user list) "political" statement.

Thanks
Peter

On 11/14/2013 10:48 AM, Dr Donald Zarlengo wrote:
> Windows is your problem!
>
> When have we ever observed MS to make major jumps in technology? As did Steve Jobs did
with Apple.
> MS makes small increments, thus dragging along problems that resides in their code.
>
> I have not heard anything that says they have changed their mode in technology.
>

> Don
>
> Donald Zarlenga Ph.D.
> zarlengo@me.com
>
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act,  18 U. S. C. 2510-2521  and is intended only for the
person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not
wish to receive communication through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

> On Nov 13, 2013, at 4:35 PM, jjb i.e. Just Jeff Butler <justjeffb@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hello!
> I've used Open Office for some time now and LOVE IT!  I haven't tried using the Mail
Merge Wizard feature until today and it kept telling me that I needed Java to run it.  I had
previously removed Java from my computer because of the problems with it.  Anyway, I reinstalled
it to try and get Mail Merge to work.  Unfortunately, I still can't complete the merge.  It
can't seem to find Java.  I am using Windows 7, 64-bit.  Thank you in advance for anything
you can do for me.