openoffice-users mailing list archives

Subject saving text documents as PDF
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 02:27:02 GMT

I have a question about exporting word-processing documents as PDFs;
specifically, how do I enable the "signing" of documents in Adobe
Reader?  That is, after I save a text document as a PDF, I want to be
able to use Adobe Reader to sign it.

Currently, if I use "export as PDF" and then open a document in Adobe
Reader, Document > Sign > Sign Document is greyed out, and if I go to
Document > Security > Show Security Properties, I see that "signing" is
"not allowed."

According to Adobe's documentation, "In Reader, only PDFs with Reader
Usage Rights enabled can be signed."  How does one set "Reader Usage
Rights" when exporting an OpenOffice document as a PDF?  Or, must one
have the full version of Adobe Acrobat in order to create signable

Finally (and, admittedly, this question is off-topic), where can I get
an inexpensive PDF-signing certificate so that when I e-mail or upload a
document that I've signed, the recipient won't see an error message
warning them that the document is self-signed?

Thank you,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message