openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Peter Hillier-Brook <...@hbsys.plus.com>
Subject Re: How to update a template published on templates.openoffice.org
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:07:13 GMT
On 04/11/13 18:58, Michael Fiedler wrote:
> Am Montag, den 04.11.2013, 18:00 +0000 schrieb Peter Hillier-Brook:
>> On 04/11/13 17:21, Michael Fiedler wrote:
>>> In december 2012, I uploaded a letter template[1] on
>>> http://templates.openoffice.org/. In the mean time, I have
>>> improved it and would like to update the one on the website.
>>> However, I cannot find a button for doing so. What's the way to
>>> achieve this task?
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://templates.openoffice.org/de/template/privatbrief-mit-empfangeranschrift-im-0

[cut]

Is this a good start?
>> http://templates.openoffice.org/en/template/guide
>
> Unfortunately, it is not. The guide only explains the process of
> uploading a *new* template. My problem is to *update* an already
> existing template. (Using this upload guide produces a duplicate
> template entry on the website)

If I understand you correctly, you want to upload a modified template
and destroy the original? Don't you think the original author might have
a view about this attack on his work? It's also possible that you could
breach his licensing terms by this act.

Why don't you contact the author and establish his views?