openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "M. Fioretti" <mfiore...@nexaima.net>
Subject Re: Shall we waste twelve more years promoting Free office suites instead of...
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 20:31:22 GMT
On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 18:43:10 PM +0100, Andrea Pescetti wrote:

> It's a complex issue. OpenOffice does advocate and promote ODF,
> project members have prominent roles in the ODF standard maintenance
> and the product shows a warning when users save in a non-ODF format.
> Still, in our user survey (for existing OpenOffice users) for
> version 4.x the top priority of our users was a better compatibility
> with the native formats of Microsoft Office. So, as things stand
> now, we'll have to do both.

In fact, I did NOT say that OO the *software* should not support .docx

I said that OO users and advocates should demand much, much more than
they have been doing, that files are exchanged in open formats.

There is a big difference. And the fact that it has been ignored is
why things stand now as they stand, and all the effort put into
compatibility with .docx still doesn't spare people from being told
"to work with certain customers, use MS Office"

Marco