openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Jim Parkhurst <Jim.Parkhu...@txdot.gov>
Subject RE: Trying to open a .doc document
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 13:24:37 GMT
What rights does your workstation login have? (administrator, power-user, user, etc.)

Jim Parkhurst

-----Original Message-----
From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:11 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: Re: Trying to open a .doc document

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM, <bchris@qtm.net> wrote:

> When I try to open or print a .doc document that I have received as an
> attachment I get the following message:
>
> “The requested operation requires elevation”
>
> What does this mean or how can I get this document to open in Open
> Office 4?
>
> Bruce

Are you trying to open or print directly FROM your e-mail without saving first?

If this is the case, it may be a configuration issue with your mailer.
This is not a message from OpenOffice.

MzK

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,  Nothing is going to get better. It's
not.”
                          -- Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
Texas Transportation Forum: Jan. 6-8, 2014

[Ninth Annual Texas Transportation Forum]<http://www.dot.state.tx.us/ttf/>