openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dr Donald Zarlengo <zarle...@me.com>
Subject Re: essential remark for majority of OO users - incompatibility of Math formula editor.
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2013 07:25:01 GMT
Great news. Bu my current major problem on my MacBook Pro and the failure over time of Micros….
Software to actually perform what it was meant to do ever since Apple signed a contract with
MS to build both Word and Excel. Both App and System. I have know many MS employees over the
years - I was VP/CIO in WA State for many years. I think Bill’s greatest gift to the computer
world was to resign as active CEO. We should all be thankful to him. Steve Jobs was polite
to Bill in a TV interview but it was clearly obvious who understood the user world, as well
as the systems programmer analysts who had to support particular systems. I have had to dump
a few systems myself to get a large-scale computer network unlocked and working again. Users
were usually not aware, but as we stabilized, it was because we were using Apple servers to
support the total network, locally, nationally, and internationally.

Being a retired VP/VIO of IT and Telecom I have had too many years experience with Micros…
Software - both applicaton and system. Until the last few years at least Mac had its own Stable
OS upon which run as opposed to my window users.  Also got rid of MS servers for HP servers
- went from horrid to 100% uptime (I do not recall ever having problems with the HP multiprocess
servers.

The network was designed to function as our phone system to be available 100% of the time.
Which puts it at odds with Micros… Software.

Donald Zarlenga Ph.D.
zarlengo@me.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act,  18 U. S. C. 2510-2521  and is intended only for the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, copying, forwarding or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not
wish to receive communication through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.