openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "johnny smith" <ka...@krovatka.su>
Subject Re: rotating tables in calc
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:31:42 GMT
On Sun, 20 Oct 2013 19:54:16 -0000, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> I googled a bit but found no solution to the problem
> of rotating a table such that
>
> | 1 | 2 | 3 |
> | 4 | 3 | 4 |
> becomes
> | 4 | 1 |
> | 3 | 2 |
> | 4 | 3 |

first, invert the range vertically, e.g. by adding the column with consecutive numbers to
the right of it and then sorting the range in descending order with respect to the added column
 ('data/sort/sort criteria', set 'sort by' to the added column).

second, copy the inverted range, perform 'edit/past special' and tick the 'transpose' option
in the dialogue window that will appear.

or you can use a formula like this: rotated_sheet.a1=indirect(address(column(a1);2-row(a1);;;"initial_sheet")
-- and then copy the resulting range and paste-special it leaving only 'numbers' ticked under
'selection'.

p.s. sorry, my post provider's evil antispam engine rejects the original subject.