openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Johnny Rosenberg <gurus.knu...@gmail.com>
Subject Find errors in cells
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2013 16:34:02 GMT
I am going to write a macro that finds cells with Err:522 in them (in my
case they are false errors and the macro is going to fix them for me). Of
course I can search the cells one by one, but it's time consuming, so I
thought I could use the built in find. When I run find manually however,
there doesn't seem to be a way to find which cells have an error.

In the find dialogue, I can search in formulas or values. Neither of them
finds an error.

>From a macro, I can get values, formulas and strings. I experimented a bit
and found that if a cell has an Err:522, then Cell.getString() returns
”Err:522”, which is useful in this case.

So, is there a way to find the String value of a cell with the Basic API,
and not only values and formulas?

Johnny Rosenberg