openoffice-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dr Donald Zarlengo <zarle...@me.com>
Subject Re: Open office problem with character set.
Date Tue, 29 Oct 2013 23:51:01 GMT

I created a test document with OpenOffice - in the text mode, not spreadsheet. I had no problems
setting up two different type
tables. Began with each using a different format. Then I change all the font back to Times
Roman 12 pt.

I use OpenOffice 4.0.1
I also upgraded my MacBook Pro to Maverick OS (10.9.0) for my Mac Book Pro.  I was running
Mountain Lion, 10.8.5. 
Maverick was a free upgrade, did it yesterday. It changes some of the interaction I have with
the Mac. But nothing
horrendous as one gets with Billy Boy’s concoctions. As an example of Steve vs Bill on software
(and hardware) is
that Steve is an artist, he is a sales person, he is motivated to provide the total best experience
for the User.

Bill on the other had their programmer analysts just leave the old OS code and work around
it. It is a bit finding out
you have cancer, say of the prostate Gland. Steve would get rid of it in total as I had to.
 Bill would try to close off
access to the cancer. I built his own new man-made prostate gland or transplant - and they
often failed to do that.

Bill did S/W development in small increments. Never solving the holistic problems with their
Windows OS. Steve on
the interview by a Computer Technology journalist showed that Steve said what he wanted, and
clearly explain
what was happening. He did say the Bill should be thanked because he created the first software
company for users.
Behind the scenes they never said much good about the other. 

OpenOffice with the txt document choice. 

I worked fine changing each table differently; then doing a Command A - select all - and change
the fonts to be the same. So I could not as yet replicate the problem you have found. 

I will test the spread sheet next.  

I am not sure yet whether OpenOffice as a document lock mode. I will have to check that out
as well.
Perhaps your tables have been locked. I don’t use lock mode. I have been running and head
of all technology
at NASA and for Universities. But also I have had a lot of experience with various applications.


This is the small file I created - and font changing as single tables or both at one time
all worked.  


Don

Donald Zarlenga Ph.D.
zarlengo@me.com




On Oct 29, 2013, at 3:25 PM, Jody Bandremer <jbandremer@gate.net> wrote:

When I try to open a document in open office 3 , I get the wrong Character set and I don't
know what the right Character set is so I don't get gibberish. I have a MAC.

Thanks for your help.

Jody Bandremer
Broker Associate
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
1 South Ocean Blvd #2
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Cell (954) 270-8770
Jodysellsflorida@gmail.com









Mime
View raw message