openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Julian Thomas ...@jt-mj.net>
Subject Re: can I open a powerppoint presentation on my mac
Date Mon, 14 Oct 2013 01:46:44 GMT

On 13Oct  2013, at 7:20 PM, Sharmen Graydon <sharmen@maui.net> wrote:

> I have a powerpoint presentation prepared in Word on a zip drive that I need to open
on my Mac.  How can I do that?

There are two issues.

One is easy:  A powerpoint prepared in Word [I think you really mean MS Office, since Word
and Powerpoint are separate components of that suite] will open nicely in OO on whatever platform,
including Mac.

Harder is finding a zip drive that you can attach to the mac; barring that, attach to any
machine, extract the PPT file, and then transfer it to the Mac -  thumb drive, email, or via
cloud storage are just some of the options.

Tell us more - good luck.

jt