openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dave Barton ...@tasit.net>
Subject Re: Example where the workaro­und does not work (was: d­ocument with 2 tables, s
Date Thu, 31 Oct 2013 06:06:50 GMT
johnny smith wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:47:49 -0000, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>
>> Please look at the following document, which has been generated by a
>> converter provided by org[1]
>>
>> It contains tables which whose text cannot be selected via select all.
>> If there is something wrong with the odt, please tell me and I will
>> report it on the org mailing list.
>
> notwithstanding dave's comment, the odt seems either defective or incompatible with aoo
(which may be aoo's fault as well). more specifically, the tables are quite lonely within
their sections. they have no text before them, nor after. such a document can't be created
by usual means of aoo, and thus it isn't handled as expected. e.g., you can't type anything
after the second table or after the first one within its section, because there're no empty
paragraphs after the tables to take your input. you can't even peform select-all operation
manually (with a mouse rather than through ctrl+a). it seems that the select operation uses
contents of the <text:p> elements to set boundaries of the selection. so, if there's
no such element, then select-all doesn't work properly.

> to fix this, i inserted the following two paragraphs into content.xml of your file:
>
> <text:p text:style-name="OrgTableContentsLeft">some text after the first table</text:p>
> <text:p text:style-name="OrgTableContentsLeft">some text after the second table</text:p>
>
> they follow the closing tags (</table:table>) of tables. there appeared to be no
way to do it through gui.

> after that select-all worked almost smoothly: it selected the cell on the first press,
the table on the second one and everything on the third one. what was wrong is that it always
started with the cell, even when the caret was outside table.

> however, inserting a paragraph before each table fixed this. it didn't require editing
content.xml. the final version of the file is attached, and i hope it won't be attenuated
by antispam.

> i can't say on which program's account this bug is. consulting odf specification may
help answer this question.

Alternatively, place the cursor after the contents of the last cell in
either of the tables and press ALT+ENTER.

Sorry, I don't see this as a bug or a defect of the converter.

Regards
Dave