openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Dave Barton ...@tasit.net>
Subject Re: Example where the workaround does not work
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 13:28:42 GMT
Uwe Brauer wrote:
>>> "johnny" == johnny smith <kanni@krovatka.su> writes:
>
>    >>
>    >> So I want to select all the text of the document (basically I want to
>    >> change the font), but select all does not select all, it only selects
>    >> one table!
>
>    > the problem vanishes if you insert some text before the first table
>    > (by positioning the caret in the beginning of its first cell and
>    > typing something).
>
> Please look at the following document, which has been generated by a
> converter provided by org[1]
>
> It contains tables which whose text cannot be selected via select all.
> If there is something wrong with the odt, please tell me and I will
> report it on the org mailing list.
>
> thanks
>
> Uwe Brauer

The converter does it right by using styles.

See attached revised copy of the document, where I simply changed the
font of only one _"Conditional"_ style "OrgTableContents" from Times to
Arial. All the other "OrgTable" styles in the document are subordinate
and inherit the "OrgTableContents" styles automatically.

The only way to override Conditional Formatting, so you can do manual
(typewriter method) formatting, is to "Clear Formatting" first.

Hope this helps.

Dave