openoffice-users mailing list archives

From David L Babcock <ol...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject Re: unique uses of frame styles
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2013 16:18:46 GMT
I needed a doc to generate pages for a small 5-hole notebook/binder.  I
fit 2 pages per sheet but then needed outlines for the cutting out.  The
outline graphic also had "dots" to mark where the 10 holes needed to be
punched.  Obviously to avoid two-pass printing, had to use frames and/or
a background image.

It was hell. But I got it working.

Long enough ago that particulars escape me.  I do remember that the two
little "pages" were side by side, that "newspaper columns" were used.

And that adding text would properly move lines to the second little
page, But NOT to the following real (8.5x11) page.  Sorry don't remember
if the final product used frames. (I think it did, and that's what broke
line-moving).

Not asking for solutions, just thought you might find this a unique use.

Afternote:  I used 2-pass printing for this for years, and THAT was hell!

Ol' Bab