openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: unique uses of frame styles
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 22:33:54 GMT
Hi Bruce,

Bruce Byfield schrieb:
> Hi:
>
> I'm in the middle of writing a book about styles and templates in LibreOffice
> and Apache OpenOffice. I'm currently trying to flesh out the chapter on frame
> styles a bit.
>
> Does anyone have any original ideas about how to take advantage of frame
> styles? I've already written about watermarks and sideheads, but if you can
> suggest a use that I haven't heard about, I'll credit you when the book is
> published.

What is "sideheads"?

I do not really understand, what you are looking for. The predifined
frame styles have special properties, which are geared to special kind
of frames. They are automatically choosen in most cases, when you insert
an object. But the usage is not different from other kind of styles. You
can use them to distinguish kind of frames and to easily change a style
property of a class of frames.

"if you can suggest a use that I haven't heard about" - how can I know
what you have heard about? Is it possible to get the already finished
part for reading?

Kind regards
Regina