openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: how to select a font by a script or key
Date Sat, 12 Oct 2013 20:27:05 GMT
At 12:16 10/10/2013 +0200, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>I basically want to use 2 fonts in my text. Selecting them via the
>GUI is cumbersome since I have to dig to a long list of fonts.

If you want to do anything repeatedly - such as, here, apply a
particular font - you should make life easy for yourself by creating
styles for each font.  You could sensibly use character styles or
paragraph styles for this, depending on your needs.

>Is there any script or function which I could bind to a key which
>allows me to speed up this selection?

Once you have defined your styles, yes:
o Go to Tools | Customize... | Keyboard.
o Under Category, expand Styles and select Character or Paragraph as
appropriate.
o Under Function, select your new style.
o Under Shortcut keys, select your chosen key combination.
o At top right, choose Writer or OpenOffice (generally).
o Click Modify.

I trust this helps.

Brian Barker