openoffice-users mailing list archives

From johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>
Subject Re: Example where the workaro­und does not work (was: d­ocument with 2 tables, s
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2013 16:47:23 GMT
On Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:47:49 -0000, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Please look at the following document, which has been generated by a
> converter provided by org[1]
>
> It contains tables which whose text cannot be selected via select all.
> If there is something wrong with the odt, please tell me and I will
> report it on the org mailing list.

notwithstanding dave's comment, the odt seems either defective or incompatible with aoo (which
may be aoo's fault as well). more specifically, the tables are quite lonely within their sections.
they have no text before them, nor after. such a document can't be created by usual means
of aoo, and thus it isn't handled as expected. e.g., you can't type anything after the second
table or after the first one within its section, because there're no empty paragraphs after
the tables to take your input. you can't even peform select-all operation manually (with a
mouse rather than through ctrl+a). it seems that the select operation uses contents of the
<text:p> elements to set boundaries of the selection. so, if there's no such element,
then select-all doesn't work properly.

to fix this, i inserted the following two paragraphs into content.xml of your file:

<text:p text:style-name="OrgTableContentsLeft">some text after the first table</text:p>
<text:p text:style-name="OrgTableContentsLeft">some text after the second table</text:p>

they follow the closing tags (</table:table>) of tables. there appeared to be no way
to do it through gui.

after that select-all worked almost smoothly: it selected the cell on the first press, the
table on the second one and everything on the third one. what was wrong is that it always
started with the cell, even when the caret was outside table.

however, inserting a paragraph before each table fixed this. it didn't require editing content.xml.
the final version of the file is attached, and i hope it won't be attenuated by antispam.

i can't say on which program's account this bug is. consulting odf specification may help
answer this question.