openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Greg Madden <gomadtr...@gci.net>
Subject Re: OO 4.0 (deb) installation problems
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 14:48:42 GMT
On Friday 18 October 2013 04:02:27 you wrote:
> >> "Rory" == Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie> writes:
>    > On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 13:19:16 +0200
>    >
>    > Hagar Delest <hagar.delest@laposte.net> wrote:
>    >> Why so much trouble?
>    >> Just extract the tarball in your standard download folder, then
>    >> run sudo dpkg -i *.deb in the /DEBS folder. Then again in the
>    >> desktop-integration folder.
>    >>
>    >> Hagar
>    >
>    > i agree with Hagar. Installing as he suggests works perfectly on
>    > all my ?Ubuntu computers, and has for several years.
>
> The only reason why I did it this way, was to have it under control
> of apt-get and to remove it in an easy way. But as I have seen it is
> not worth the trouble.
>
> Uwe

Here is a source if you want to use a package manager. There are
instruuctions on the Sourceforge site. There is no meta package to
install everything, I like that, but once installed it is very
conviennient to upgrade. 4.0>4.0.1 was quick.

 http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/apacheoo-deb

Peace,

Greg