openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: Pop-up junk......
Date Tue, 01 Oct 2013 06:44:14 GMT
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:41:04 -0600
David Pitman <86dpitman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I downloaded OpenOffice to create documents for my business.  Upon
> Installation a bunch of junk ads now appear in the sites I use.   As far as
> I am concerned these are like viruses.   Please tell me promptly how to
> disable this issue.  If I do not hear a solution in three days your product
> will be completely uninstalled.  You will not have a satisfied client.
>
> *David K. Pitman*
> *Sales Manager
> *
> *Vacation Rental Videos/ N LIGHT N*
> *720.496.3911*

You have downloaded openOffice from a rogue site, which has added these obtrusive items. Unfortunatekty,
as OpenOffice is opensource software this happens regularly.

Downloads from the main site at www.openoffice.org are clear of such intrusions.

I recommend you remove the existing installation, run updated Malware and Virus scans, then
install using a fresh download from the URL above.

Note that OpenOffice is free; from the above site you will not receive any request for cash.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>