openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "johnny smith" <ka...@krovatka.su>
Subject Re: Read Only
Date Fri, 06 Sep 2013 04:19:32 GMT
On Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:15:02 -0000, Peggy Clarahan <waterwoman50228@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have at least one document I have written in Open Office - Open
> Document Text that when I return and open the document I cannot make
> changes to - the name of the document is followed by "(read only)".  I
> have not (knowingly) requested this "read only" status.
>     1. Is there any way I can change this so it is not "(read only)"?
>     2. How or why does this happen?
>     3. Can I copy the text and paste it into a new document so it is not "(read only)"

there is a button 'edit file' on the standart toolbar. make sure it's pressed. after that
you can edit the file and save it to any location. a document can become read-only if such
property is set for that file or its folder or if you saved it, while being under another
account, to a location that you have no write access to under your current account.