openoffice-users mailing list archives

From "Maurice Howe" <maur...@stny.rr.com>
Subject RE: OpenOffice Program
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 19:59:41 GMT
Jo-Lynn, I've been using OpenOffice on DOC & XLS files for years without any
problems.  I often move work between my tower PC (that uses AOO) and my
laptop (that uses MS Office) without hiccups.  There are reports of issues
(usually with more exotic formatting, etc) but the Apache OpenOffice team of
volunteers has been very responsive.  Give it a try!  [And save a bundle.]

Cheers,
Maurice Howe
I'm retired. Go around me.

-----Original Message-----
From: jo-lynn.saucedo@cox.net [mailto:jo-lynn.saucedo@cox.net]
Sent: Sunday, September 15, 2013 12:46 PM
To: users@openoffice.apache.org
Subject: OpenOffice Program

I just heard about this program from a friend.  I currently have Microsoft
Office 2010.  Will I be able to open my current Word and Excel programs with
this software?

Microsoft is going to be charging to be able to continue to use the
Microsoft Office software, and I don't feel that I should pay.

Thanking you in advance.