openoffice-users mailing list archives

From James Plante <jimpla...@me.com>
Subject Re: Is Apache Open Office good for sales tax service spreadsheets?
Date Sun, 29 Sep 2013 16:23:27 GMT
Depends on how much data you intend to acquire. For a small shop, using AOO would be feasible.
But as Tom Goldie said below, a database should be employed if you're acquiring lots of data.
Spreadsheets do well on small data sets, but beyond a certain point they get unwieldly, then
become unusable. You've got only 65,534 rows (records) to work with in a spreadsheet; many
more records are possible in a database.

Regards,
Jim Plante

On Sep 29, 2013, at 6:51 AM, Gabrielle Becker <becker_gabrielle@live.com> wrote:

> hi,
> I am just looking for a simple spreadsheet program where I can keep track of who I charged
what, plus what sales tax there was, plus address, time and invoice number.It needs to be
searchable.  Etc. Is Apache open office good for this type of use? I would be getting cash
or checks so no need for keeping track of bank account or credit card numbers.