openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Julian Thomas ...@jt-mj.net>
Subject Re: Retrieve
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2013 21:14:27 GMT

On 5Sep  2013, at 12:48 PM, Marion <blair-m1@sky.com> wrote:

> I have had a problem with my imac and had to take it in to be repaired (nothing major).
>
> Is there anyway I can retrieve documents prior to this and if so how do I do it?

Ideally you have time machine backups so your data is safe in case they need to replace the
hard drive.

Otherwise, assuming that it works well enough to find the Documents folder and copy it to
an external memory stick or networked system or storage (or cloud storage) that would be the
way to go.

--
jt@jt-mj.net   http://jt-mj.net
"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup."