openoffice-users mailing list archives

From John Meyer <johnme...@pueblocomputing.com>
Subject VLOOKUP vs Macros
Date Sat, 28 Sep 2013 15:30:21 GMT
I have a spreadsheet with a number of worksheets.  The first worksheet
has the bonuses for employees in this format

ID, Sales Agent, Sales For Date, Bonus for Date, Sales for Date(N),
Bonus For Date (N). . .

The rest of the spreadsheets are each named for the date of sales that
they contain.  They are in the same format as the column header for
Sales For Date.

I set up each row like this

ID static, Agent name static,
=COUNTIF(*staticdateworksheet*!ColumnWithIDFirstRow:ColumnWithIDNthRow,Firstcolumnrowiamin),BonusCalculation

What I'd like to do is change that formula around to resolve the sheet
name by the first row of the salescount ID (i.e. if It's 9-27-2013 it
would pull up 9-27-2013, 9-28-2013, etc.).  Is this possible?  It's not
a pressing issue, I'd just like to see if it could be done.

Thanks.