openoffice-users mailing list archives

From David L Babcock <ol...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject Link edits will not "stick" after spreadsheet close
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 00:15:27 GMT
I moved a group of linked spreadsheet files to a different directory,
and so had to change the links.
I used Edit>Links>Modify, and all worked well, except the modifications
were not reflected in the actual cells with the links.

The links worked until I closed the files.  When re-opened the old
invalid links were still there, the edits lost, no joy.

I suppose the inventors of this cludge had a really good idea, but it
eludes me.  What scares me is I think it DID work last year some time.
Not easily, perhaps I fiddled around, got lucky, pushed the secret button.

I finally obliterrated all the link and rebuilt them, but this is not a
good workaround...

Need to find that secret.  Anybody?

Ol' Bab