openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <and...@pitonyak.org>
Subject Re: Leslie Liddel, how to unsubscribe
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:10:45 GMT

with no message, does it remove you from the list?

On 09/26/2013 06:56 AM, Leslie Liddell wrote:
> I'm getting these e-mails also.  I am a relatively new subscriber.  Can you get me off
the list?
> Leslie Liddell
>
> "Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit"  Bidden or not bidden, God is present
> leslieliddell@gvtc.com
>

> On Sep 25, 2013, at 11:53 PM, Peter Junge wrote:
>
>> John,
>>
>> I'm one of the moderators of this list and I have been unsubscribing a couple of
subscribers like Lynn in recent months. I don't share your POV regarding the size of the issue,
it just happened twice this week but it doesn't happen every week.

>> Anyway, one theory that we have already been discussing many years ago within the
old OOo community is that these kinds of users enter a subscription with a fraudulent provider
of OpenOffice that offer them 'support' and managing somehow to get these users subscribed
to our mailing list. I have been trying to confirm this theory with some persons I had unsubscribed
in the past but they were never willing to discuss so far. So, what should I do?

>> One thing seems clear, this is certainly no technical issue that can be easilty investigated
in.

>> Best regards,
>> Peter
>>
>> On 9/26/2013 7:03 AM, John Hart wrote:
>>> There are only four messages from Lynn. None asking for help with AOO
>>> and It's obvious she didn't request to be on the list, nor anyone else
>>> using her email address. How did she get subscribed to the list???? This
>>> has happened quite a few times and it's supposed to be that In order to
>>> be subscribe one must reply to an email from the list. That doesn't
>>> appear to true in this case or others I've looked in to.  Someone should
>>> find out how this happened and make sure it doesn't happen again.
>>>
>>> jrh
>>>

>>>         4 conversations
>>>
>>>        LYNN BRUBAKER     Today
>>>        Converting sdw files
>>>
>>>      help.  I don't know how I got on this email list but can someone
>>> get me off.
>>>
>>>        LYNN BRUBAKER     Today
>>>        Backwards compatibility
>>>
>>>      help.  I don't know how I got on this email list but can someone
>>> get me off.
>>>
>>>        LYNN BRUBAKER     Today
>>>        AOO can't open .xlsx spreadsheet at Cornell site
>>>
>>>      help.  I don't know how I got on this email list but can someone
>>> get me off.
>>>
>>>        LYNN BRUBAKER     8/24/2013 5:36 AM
>>>        Help I'm being invaded
>>>
>>>      Every day I get about 10 emails concerning how to work Open
>>> Office.  Every day I get rid of them by putting them in junk, but the
>>> next day I'll get about ten more.  I don't think they are people trying
>>> to contact Apache Open Office, but the old Open Office - now defunct. Is
>>> there any way you can t…
>>>

>>>        These messages take up: 13.9 KB.

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php