openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: Lynn Brubaker, how to unsubscribe
Date Thu, 26 Sep 2013 04:53:11 GMT
John,

I'm one of the moderators of this list and I have been unsubscribing a
couple of subscribers like Lynn in recent months. I don't share your POV
regarding the size of the issue, it just happened twice this week but it
doesn't happen every week.

Anyway, one theory that we have already been discussing many years ago
within the old OOo community is that these kinds of users enter a
subscription with a fraudulent provider of OpenOffice that offer them
'support' and managing somehow to get these users subscribed to our
mailing list. I have been trying to confirm this theory with some
persons I had unsubscribed in the past but they were never willing to
discuss so far. So, what should I do?

One thing seems clear, this is certainly no technical issue that can be
easilty investigated in.

Best regards,
Peter