openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <>
Subject Re: Backwards compatibility
Date Wed, 25 Sep 2013 04:14:13 GMT
I have no experience with this, but, try the following:

1. Load the document in question

2. Using Tools | Options to open the Options dialog.

3. Under Load / Save, is there a General section that allows you to set
the ODF format version? I can't check on AOO at the moment, but with LO
I am set for 1.2 Extended, which I do not know if it is supported by OOo

On 09/24/2013 10:44 PM, wrote:
> Should text files created with OOo (.odt) containing simple recorded macros (to apply
certain formats with a keystroke combination) be able to be read by OpenOffice 3.1? I sent
some files out, and it was reported that they were corrupted. It’s an IT guy who said it,
so I don’t ASSUME he didn't know to open them with OpenOffice; but I can’t be sure.
> Anyone tried this feat with success?
> Sent from Windows Mail

Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: