openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Brian Barker <b.m.bar...@btinternet.com>
Subject Re: Converting sdw files
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:31:23 GMT
At 10:11 24/09/2013 -0400, James Knott wrote:
>Brian Barker wrote:
>>The legacy formats have never been the default format in any
>>version of OpenOffice.

Actually, he was quoting the 4.0 release notes.

>What about the versions that predate ODF?  What was their default
>format?  IIRC, full ODF support came with v2.0, with the last 1.x
>version able to read, but not write ODF files.

See the end of the paragraph I quoted.  These were .sxw, .sxc, .sxi,
I think (still supported), not the earlier "legacy StarOffice file
formats (... .sdw, .sdc, .sdd, etc.)".  Yes: I had to read that
carefully to see exactly what was being talked about.

Brian Barker