openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Scooter <scoo...@scootersdesk.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice Program
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2013 20:45:51 GMT
Good Evening Jo-Lynn,

I've been a user of Open-Office including Apache Open Office (AOO) for
over 7 years. I used to be a hardcore MS-Office user until the price got
so high I couldn't afford it. Any software has "bumps in the road", as
does this new AOO,  but I have no regrets! There is a whole lot of
volunteer supporters, who are more then happy to help a new convert.
Don't panic, if something doesn't go as expected. There is a very small
learning curve. I have not come across anything that Open Office (AOO)
can't do, in comparison to MS-Office.
Give it 6 months (for your own comfort) that's how long I hung on to
MS-Office before I quit.
Only the Database is not fully tested by myself because I was not a
heavy user of any database, but I've started trials for my own curiosity.

Take Care.
Scooter
College Park, MD USA

jo-lynn.saucedo@cox.net wrote on 9/15/2013 12:46 PM:
> I just heard about this program from a friend.  I currently have Microsoft Office 2010.
 Will I be able to open my current Word and Excel programs with this software?

> Microsoft is going to be charging to be able to continue to use the Microsoft Office
software, and I don't feel that I should pay.