openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Doug <dmcgarr...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: HP LaserJet question
Date Sat, 14 Sep 2013 19:41:10 GMT
On 09/06/2013 10:12 PM, Girvin Herr wrote:
> Doug,
> I just had a similar thing happen to my HP Laserjet 4050tn.  It was very
> slow getting the pages out.  I was using the CUPS Postscript driver and
> isolated the problem to the printer.  Cups showed the document sent and
> completed as far as it was concerned, but the printer LED was still
> flashing and after 30 minutes, still had not printed even the first
> page.  I discovered changing the CUPS driver from Postscript to the HP
> PCL3 driver made it work fine.  Now pages print within seconds of
> clicking on Print.

/snip/

> On 09/06/2013 04:16 PM, Doug wrote:
>> I have an HP LaserJet 2200dn, networked with 3 computers--one normally
>> running Windows 7 and two normally running PCLOS. From Linux, when
>> I send it something to print, sometimes--not always--the busy light will
>> start to flash, and then it may print a couple hours, or a day later, or
>> never. Other times it will print right away. Does anyone
>> reading here know of a way to "tickle" it to make it print what it's
>> sitting on? (Other times, it prints right away.)
/snip/

Well now I have a couple of weeks experience with the suggestion.
That was the cure, my friend. Changed the driver to HP PCL3 and the
printer prints within 4 or 5 flashes of the ready light, all the time.
Thank you!

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacemakers..for they shall be shot at from both sides.
--A.M.Greeley