openoffice-users mailing list archives

From Scooter <scoo...@scootersdesk.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0 cannot open .doc file LO 4.1 can
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:08:36 GMT
Win 7 AOO4.0
I did as suggested: changed the doc to docx and it opened without
further problems.
I agree with Dave this should not have occurred and I hope it will be
addressed in the next upgrade.
I will apply this "trick" on other problem doc files.

Take Care.
Scooter
College Park, MD USA

Dave Barton wrote on 9/11/2013 2:14 AM:
> TN Patriot wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:06:18 -0700
>> NoOp <glgxg@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The MS Doc file on:
>>> https://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/text-understanding-ssi.htm
>>>
>>>   USSI (MSWord)
>>>   (311 KB doc)
>>>
>>> <https://www.socialsecurity.gov/ssi/documents/USSI%202012%20%20final%20clean%20copy%20on%203-30-12.doc>
>>>
>>> Cannot be opened with AOO 4.0. However it opens without issue using
>>> LibreOffice 4.1.
>>>
>>> AOO:
>>> AOO400m3(Build:9702)  -  Rev. 1503704